Friday, August 24, 2012

Work that booty!

I am not much of a gym rat. In fact, I hate it. And with my current limitations (no walking, no running, no elliptical, no squats, lunges, or weight-bearing, and minimal leg exercises), there isn't much I can really do while I am there, except peddle away to nowhere on a stationary bike, which is just depressing. I don't go anywhere; how uninspiring is that? I want a real bike, but the budget says "no" right now. 

This one for the color

This one for price

This one for performance


So, until I buy a new bike or put in an endless pool (swim current mini lap pool), I am stuck with the stationary bike at the gym. Yuck.

Here are some of the at-home routines found on Women's Health magazine's website that I rotate through so I don't go crazy:


I also rotate through a few workout DVDs, mainly Winsor Pilates titles and bits and pieces of  YBB (I love Teigh & Gillian!).

Of course, I have to modify or skip a lot of things to compensate for my injury, but it is better than nothing!

I am bummed that I can't just lace-up and hit the door any more. When I first had knee surgery, I was looking forward to getting back into a running routine. To be told that that will never happen again can be really depressing sometimes, but I have to stay positive and look for other activities that I CAN do.

There is only one path for me right now: lose weight and feel great with hard work, healthy nutrition, and my favorite tried-and-true AdvoCare products (Spark, ThermoPlus, MNS, Catalyst, Rehydrate, and Muscle Fuel). I know what I have to do, so it's up to me to put on my big-girl undies and get it done!


No comments:

Post a Comment