Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Where the heck have you been?!

August has been crazy. I will be happy to see it go! It has been a stressful month, filled with unexpected loss, new business ventures, and a lot of emotional chaos.

So where does that leave me and the new lifestyle? Sadly, pretty much back at the beginning. I lost 14.8 pounds in my first run at the AdvoCare 28 Day Challenge. Stunningly awesome results! But, over the last month, I have been so unfocused and distracted, working out and healthy eating took not just a backseat, but left the roadway altogether. 

So, I am down only 6.3 pounds after all the madness. (Major SIGH) But I am back in the right mindset, and ready to get my workout-ninja-healthy-eating-lifestyle-of-awesomeness back on! Stay with me as I take another run at the 28 Day Challenge and continue a life of happy, healthy, and balanced choices!

Here are a few pictures of some of the things to come out of the kitchen and into our tummies lately. Which recipe-story do YOU want first? Leave a comment and let me know!

Colossal Shrimp Burgers with Spicy Yogurt Tarter Sauce and Lemony Arugula

Start the day with some yummy fresh green juice!

Taste-testing at the local farm stand

Thin Crust Veggie Pizza with Faux-Fredo Sauce

Roasted Snap Bean "Fries"

Another go-to lunch option: Open-face Turkey Sandwich with Paprika Cream Cheese on Low-Salt Rice Cakes

White-Bean Chicken Chili, dressed with Yogurt and Cilantro

Cast-iron Pork Chops with Hoppin' John and Beer-Braised Kale

Grilled Zucchini, Corn, and Black Bean Baked Enchiladas


1 comment:

  1. avocados in a pizza?? sounds strange to me, but i'll give it a try!
    i'm allergyc to shrimps :( but i guess i can work that recipe with fish instead, so that's my first request!

    ReplyDelete