Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Day 3 (Cleanse): PM

Today was a good day! I felt energized all day (despite my late night last night), made great food choices, and had an awesome workout. I worked arms and back, which are sure to be sore tomorrow, and hit the bike, as always.


I'm not supposed to be using a lot of resistance on the bike, so I have been increasing it s-l-o-w-l-y. Don Torrey, my kickass, yet cautious physical therapist, says that with my specific type of injury, it's more about the movement than the resistance, so I just keep peddling away!


Today I tried the random hill sequence for 30 minutes at a resistance level of 5 out of 20. It was a piece of cake! I didn't know I could make my legs go that fast on a recumbent bike! I averaged 22 mph for a distance of just under 12 miles. Is that good? I know nothing about actually cycling, but I am starting to enjoy the bike at the gym rather than dreading it. I think it's time to crank-up the resistance!


Tonight's dinner was fantastic! Baked turkey meatballs with zucchini "faux-ccini" and pan-quick tomato sauce. I'll post the recipe in the morning, but until then, here's a picture.


Sweet dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment