Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Day 17: AM (Lean in 13)

Another day started and rockin'! Supplements are going down easy, and I feel like I am eating more often, but eating smaller portions. Seriously, how was I able to eat so much before?! Yuck! I feel lighter, more energized, every day. Although I don't think I have "lost" much actual weight, my clothes fit better, I feel stronger, and even my skin looks clearer, brighter. 


I have been loving all of the yummy fresh food available at the local markets and farm stands, and although I have been really good about our food choices, I am looking forward to eating something naughty, my dietary nemesis: pork. 


Oh, delicious Pig, the Other White Meat, king of salty meat treats! The one and only reason I can never be a full-time vegetarian; my four-legged foraging friend! 


Pasture raised organic pork still on the hoof from Barbarosa Ranchers.

Why deny what I am craving? Almost 20 days of great food choices, detoxification, increased exercise, and visual results say that I shouldn't. Okay, the logical side of me says, "Don't do it!", but the carnivore in me says, "MEAT!" I am weak and easily swayed by my inner-caveman; he carries a club and can be quite persuasive. Hell, I'm human. Sue me.

So, off to the freezer, which has recently been stocked with local beef and pork for the year, and out comes a package of pork chops. Tonight's dinner: Hoppin' John-style Black-Eyed Peas with Greens and Cast-Iron Skillet Chops.


Don't lie; you may be judging, but you're drooling as you do so.



No comments:

Post a Comment